My Voice

... an ongoing, honest conversation with myself and my friends about life, love, heartache and forgiveness. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time ...

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Link

Hot, hot, damn it's hot .... did I mention it's hot??

Ok, Ok ... I realize I'm whining .... but damn it's hot!

Funny how the older I get the less I can stand the heat.

I pulled in the driveway from work this afternoon, around 3:45p, and my neighbor was loading up his boat for a fishing excursion up on Mountain Island Lake.

"Grab your gear, dude, Skip's coming too," he yelled at me as I was getting out of the car.

Wow it hurt to have to say no. But I baked in the heat and humidity of the Hangar for 8 hours today and just couldn't see spending another four hours or so baking in the heat and sun up on the lake.

Not today.

Plus I've got a smasher of a headache! Probably from the heat!

Or maybe from listening to The Jelly Jam 2 at maximum volume in my living room while unloading the dishwasher!??!!?

Not today.

I hate that when it applies to fishing!!!

Damn heat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home