My Voice

... an ongoing, honest conversation with myself and my friends about life, love, heartache and forgiveness. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time ...

Sunday, June 13, 2004

A weekend away

Spent all day Saturday and part of today at the home of some friends of mine. About 2 and 1/2 hours away. They have a 3 year old and a 6 week old ..... quite the culture shock to be around kids .... haven't experienced that in a while.
Very good for me to get out of my own environment once in a while. Get my mind off my wife and focus on other things and other people. Very relaxing.
It's nice to have friends that you can sort of "escape" to! LOL ....
Of course, I pulled into my driveway and immediately all the feelings come rushing back in like a river breaking through a dam.
I will just be so beside myself when those feelings go away. I hate to wish my life away, but I really wish I could speed up time.
On a happy note ... got an email reply today from my step-daughter. I had emailed her last week after she and my wife came by to visit. What a sweet reply I got back. I love her so much and miss her just as much as I miss my wife.
Life marches on ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home