My Voice

... an ongoing, honest conversation with myself and my friends about life, love, heartache and forgiveness. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time ...

Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Fourth of July!

So far it's turning out to be a decent holiday for me. It's 11:00am and the weather is shaping up to be nice and sunny. A tad hot, but not unbearable. A good day to go fishing. Which I will be doing very shortly. As soon as my neighbor, Skip, calls and says he is ready to go.

Lest we forget, today is also Tori's birthday. So that is on the back of my mind. Hopefully some good fishing action down at the ponds will help push it waaaaay back to the back burner. I have more important and fun things to think about and do on a day like this than dwell on my ex's birthday. Like she gives a hoot about my birthday, right? Heehee ...

Anyway ... Happy Fourth of July to everyone ... and especially our nation and even more especially our troops overseas. Gosh, it's gotta be hard to be working your ass off in Iraq on the day that you know all your family back home is having cookouts, fireworks, trips to the beach, etc. God Bless those men and women over there. They are over there in my place ... and your place. They are heroes. Indeed.

Everyone be safe today ... don't stand too close to the bottle rockets when you light them, and don't stand too close to the grill when you light it, either!

1 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Jelly Jam 2 is great stuff! NOT TODAY!! I use that line for almost everything now. "Steve, can you help me with my (insert computer task here)...?" "Not today..."
Be sure to listen to track 3, too. "Empty" takes a while to start moving, but around the 3-minute mark it starts ROCK-ING!

Have you listened to Jerry Gaskill's "Come Somewhere" CD? That's the perfect CD for anyone who's been done wrong by their ex. What a monster that CD is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home