My Voice

... an ongoing, honest conversation with myself and my friends about life, love, heartache and forgiveness. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time ...

Monday, May 31, 2004

A Day to Remember

I'm going to break with the theme here for a moment.
As I went out to get my newspaper this morning, I glanced up at the beautiful Star and Stripes flying over my front porch. I was instantly reminded of the real reason I have today off from work. Over the past 100 years, millions have given the most precious gift of all, their lives, to ensure that you and I could stay home and enjoy a day of rest and relaxation today and everday. It is because of these brave men and women of the military, and in many cases civilians, who have made sure we live in a free, democratic society. I applaud them, I thank them, I pray for them and I am humbled by them.
Even my sad situation pales in comparison to their sacrifice!
God Bless and everyone enjoy their day!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home