My Voice

... an ongoing, honest conversation with myself and my friends about life, love, heartache and forgiveness. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time ...

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Mountain Biking

I've started back on my bike again this week. Good, good therapy. If ever there was a sport, or exercise, to completely take your mind off the world, then mountain biking is it. Mountain biking requires total concentration on the task at hand. There's no room for error. You're maneuvering through trees, roots and rocks, over bridges and streams and pounding your legs through climbs that make you want to scream .... it's total body workout and total escapism for an hour or so.

My mental outlook has been pretty good the last couple of weeks. I still have my moments, mind you, but I'm dealing with them. The Hearts on the Mend group at Yahoo has been working wonders for me. Sometimes, people can be the best cure, you know?

Now ... it's Sunday ... a laid-back, lazy day for me ... and I hope it doesn't rain! Because if it doesn't, then I'm back out on the trail!

See ya there

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home