My Voice

... an ongoing, honest conversation with myself and my friends about life, love, heartache and forgiveness. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time ...

Monday, July 25, 2005

Finally Got to Meet Janet!

Sometime back, I posted about a dear friend who I met at the Yahoo Group, Hearts On The Mend. Go here to check out the original post. Janet was going through a breakup at the same time as me and we shared a lot of heartache and frustration together, for a year or more, via e-mail and Instant Messaging.

Janet recently moved with her two daughters from Pennsylvania to Florida. A big move, no doubt. Starting over. This past week she had to make a trip back to PA to finish getting her things from her old house before her ex-husband sells the house. Her travels took her past Charlotte last Thursday, so we met for dinner at Azteca's on Woodlawn. We had a great time. It was so nice to finally meet in person someone who I have shared so much heartache with. I feel like Janet is an old friend who I've known my whole life. It's nice to have people like that in your life, even though we met under less than desirable circumstances! Too bad it sometimes takes heartbreak and tragedy to meet some really good people!

So anyway, on her way back to Florida Sunday night, she stopped in Charlotte again and we went out to dinner and just hung out at my house. We had great conversations about our lives and goals and about our childhoods ... growing up and that sort of thing. Janet is from my generation so we grew up with all the same memories, even though we were states apart. All of us who grew up in the 70's and early '80's have so much in common that so many other generations probably never will.

So to Janet ... It was a complete pleasure meeting you and I hope we get the chance again. I'm sure we will one way or the other. I hope you had a very safe trip back to Florida and I know your girls were glad to see Mom home again!

I'll talk to you soon and keep cool down in the "Sunshine State."

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Hey Todd! Thanks for the very kind words. I have been blessed in so many ways...and with so many wonderful friends. I am so grateful that we were finally able to meet, hang out, and simply relax and talk...about our pasts, life in general,and our hopes and dreams for the future. You made this trip a real joy for me, and I so hope that we will be able to do it again sometime. You are an awesome person, and you deserve nothing but happiness!!! (and I totally enjoyed your musical ability!!!) You Rock!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home