My Voice

... an ongoing, honest conversation with myself and my friends about life, love, heartache and forgiveness. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time ...

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Music

Anyone who knows me very well knows that music is an extremely important part of my life.
Besides the fact that I spent almost 11 years playing in rock bands .... out on the road on weekends ..... I fill my free time with a cd or the radio going full blast .... lol ..... and I try to keep up best I can with the modern music scene.

In the last 7 months, I've found myself drawn to certain artists and certain songs. Some of these songs are like instant therapy set to music. They soothe me, or validate my feelings, or just reassure me that I'm not the only poor schmuck who's experienced heartbreak.

So here's a few songs as of late which seem to keep getting played over, and over, and over, and over on my cd players in the house, car and at work.

Ty Tabor - "Better To Be On Hold", "Funeral" and "I Don't Mind" from his unbelievably cathartic cd "Safety"
King's X - "Flies and Blue Skies" and "Cigarettes" from the "Dogman" cd.
Shinedown - "45" and "Simple Man" from the cd "Leave a Whisper"
Coldplay - "Clocks" from "A Rush of Blood to The Head"
Stevie Ray Vaughn - "Riviera Paradise" from "In Step" .... no lyrics, but it just soothes my soul!
Pearl Jam - "Black" from the disc "Ten"
Black Crowes - "Thorn in My Pride" from "The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion" .. possibly the best rock and roll album of the 90's.

And there are many, many more. Those are just a few songs that seem to keep going round and round in my ol' head.

What would we do without the gift of music?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home