My Voice

... an ongoing, honest conversation with myself and my friends about life, love, heartache and forgiveness. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time ...

Saturday, August 28, 2004

What a miserable day

Today has been one of those looooooong, boooooooring, loooooonely, miserable summer days.
I woke up in the middle of the night sick to my stomach and ended up tossing and turning the rest of the night. This morning my stomach still hurt and I've had a borderline migraine all day with a sore throat and wooziness. I must be trying to come down with something. Great.

This by itself would have made for a terrible day, but all my friends were gone today. My neighbor Scott is out of town on vacation, and my other neighbor Ray was in South Carolina visiting some friends all day. I even tried to call a coworker about maybe getting together tonight to watch the Panther's game, but never did get a hold of him.

Soooo ...... here I sit. Been sitting here in the house all day. Bored to tears, lonely .... head and stomach hurting ..... no one to talk to.

And you know what happens when your bored and lonely and there's no one to talk to.

The brain starts churning. About the wife. All freakin' day. All I've thought about is Tori. When I'm not thinking about how bad my stomach hurts, I'm thinking about how much I miss my wife. I talked to her on the phone Friday and her voice was so animated for a change. So upbeat. It had that twinkle in it that I fell in love with back in '99. Talking to her always makes my stomach knot up .... then later the depression sets in.

I guess I'm gonna go stretch out on the couch with a blanket and a glass of tea and watch the game. Alone. Again. Last year I would have been at the local bar with my 3 football buddies, raising hell and eating chicken wings. Or I would have been cozied up on the couch with my wife. Because she loved the Panthers. This time last year things were still good. The problems were there ..... but they hadn't taken hold of our lives and marriage yet. We would have been cozied up together watching the game and having a good ol' time.

I sure miss those days. And her. I guess I always will.

Go Panthers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home